The Miami Foundation and Philanthropy Miami annually present the Emerging Philanthropist Award to a young donor who uses charitable giving to drive measurable results around a local cause, broadly improve the lives of Miamians and encourage others to give. Miami is a forward-thinking community and the next generation of philanthropists has already taken ownership of our region’s future success. The hope is that this award inspires other rising philanthropic leaders to see how any donor at any age can have a real impact on issues they care about.
We invite you to nominate someone today who you feel is deserving of this recognition.
Nominees must be between the ages of 18 and 40 and live in Miami-Dade County. They may work or serve in any field or sector, though their employment at a nonprofit organization may not be the sole reason for their nomination. The person should be someone who has demonstrated a clear philanthropic commitment to one or more Miami-Dade-focused causes and/or organizations by:
- Devoting time, treasure and talent significant to the individual’s capacity to give
- Serving or have served in a voluntary leadership role at one or several Miami-Dade-based nonprofit(s) and/or civic organization(s)
- Using their voice, networks and influence to inspire others to become philanthropically involved in our community
- Nominations must be received by Friday, June 11, 2021 by 11:59 p.m.
- The winner will be recognized at the annual Philanthropy Miami Donor Next Door Luncheon on October 15, 2021 and must be available to attend and make remarks.
The Foundation will reach out to each nominee to have him or her complete a brief profile related to the above criteria. This profile will be due by Friday, July 9, 2021 by 11:59 p.m.
Past winners include:
2018 | Ana Mari Ortega
2019 | Kara Zeder Rosen
2020 | Amaka Amalu-Anderson
For more information, contact: Stephanie Marcus | Development Associate | email@example.com