The Miami Foundation and Philanthropy Miami annually present the Emerging Philanthropist Award to a young donor who uses charitable giving to drive measureable results around a local cause, broadly improve the lives of Miamians and encourage others to give. Miami is a forward-thinking community and the next generation of philanthropists has already taken ownership of our region’s future success. The hope is that this award inspires other rising philanthropic leaders to see how any donor at any age can have a real impact on issues they care about.
We invite you to nominate someone today who you feel is deserving of this recognition.
Nominees must be between the ages of 18 and 40 and live in Miami-Dade County. They may work or serve in any field or sector, though their employment at a nonprofit organization may not be the sole reason for their nomination. The person should be someone who has demonstrated a clear philanthropic commitment to one or more Miami-Dade-focused causes and/or organizations by:
- Devoting time, treasure and talent significant to the individual’s capacity to give
- Serving or have served in a voluntary leadership role at a Miami-Dade-based nonprofit and/or civic organization(s)
- Using their voice, networks and influence to inspire others to become philanthropically involved in our community
To Nominate Someone
- Visit to the 2020 Emerging Philanthropist Award on the Submittable website.
- If you are a new user, you will need to enter your name, email and create a password to sign in.
The deadline to nominate someone Friday, December 6, 2019 by 11:59 pm.
Profile done by the Nominee
- The Foundation will reach out to each nominee to have him or her complete a brief profile related to the above criteria. This profile will be due by Monday, December 23, 2019 by 11:59 pm.
- Nominations must be received by Friday, December 6, 2019 by 11:59 pm.
- The winner will be recognized at the annual Philanthropy Miami Donor Next Door Luncheon on Friday, March 6, 2020 and must be available to attend and make remarks.
For more information contact: Victoria Mora | Development Officer | firstname.lastname@example.org | 786.406.1787